Hi there!

Hi there!

Monday, December 22, 2014

My Happy Place

Both of my KD littles with me at the happiest place on Earth <3

My happy place is Disney World.  I know that it's not original and that I am turning 25 this week, but I am still completely enamored with Disney.  I also know that if you are my friend, you are already over hearing me geek out about Disney, but I can't be stopped. 

Disney is a culmination of the following things that I love: happy children (I was there from 9-8ish last week, and only saw 3.5 children breakdown, which is amazing considering how many children there are at Disney), the yummiest food at reasonable prices, 60-70 degree weather in December, enough sun to make me tan without my best friend complaining, spinning teacups, shiny things to look at, the fruitiest of fruity drinks, and it's just so clean for such a large public place. 
I just can't adequately describe how happy I am when I'm there. 

I didn't go for the first time until I was 22 (thanks, family), but have been twice a year since then.  Whenever I am most stressed out, God always sends me: (a) time off, (b) $$$, and (c) a friend to go to Disney with (what a provider).  Also, one of my best friends works there... I go where my best friends move to. 

Her next adventure = moving to Thailand with her new husband...
Let's go! :)

I had to wake this little one up to see Pooh. 
It was very disorienting for her.

I don't need to convince you it's awesome, because if you've been there you know.  I'm just going to post some pictures so I can call it a week and eat chips on my couch. 

Epcot is my favorite.  I'm that person.

 But the Castle is so pretty at night!

It still reminds me of "Uptown Girls."

The Grand Floridian makes me fear breaking things...

Fancy!

Giant macaron in France (Epcot)

Fish n' Chips = my favorite Disney lunch, UK (Epcot)

Tuna cooked rare at Kona Island in the Polynesian Resort. 
Can I eat that every day, please?

I believe we all need a  kickstart to be happy from time to time.  That's why someone awesome invented paid time off and that's why Walt Disney came up with the concept for Disney World. 

In closing, I think it's really important to know where your happy place is and to make time to go on the regular.  It could be Disney World, your Cute Grandma's house, or the coffee shop that you love the most even though you have to pass 5 coffee shops to get there.  Get in the car or boat or plane or train and goooooooo. 

My next adventure involves this 18-year-old and a bus.  Check-in in a couple of weeks to find out about the adventures we get into in Chicago on New Year's Eve.

Don't make fun of my highlights, Tom...

No comments:

Post a Comment